We have redesigned the Optimist BLACKLITE™ spar set for lightweight sailors. Extensive testing with coaches and sailors worldwide has proven the best solution for sailors under 40 kg is a flexible Optimist mast with 40 mm boom. The new 25% lighter EX902 flexible Optimist mast allows the sailor to depower the rig in heavy air while the 40 mm boom helps the sail maintain proper sail shape.
The BLACKGOLD™ Optimist rig is the world’s most advanced Optimist rig. For many years it has been chosen as the official charter rig for the I.O.D.A World, European, Asian and Oceanian Championships. Several outstanding results have been achieved in the past years.
- Heavy duty Black hard anodized 7075 T6 Optimist mast
- Aerospace spec. alloy super stiff 7075 T6 Optimist mast and sprit section
- High Delrin heel plug, for less friction and to avoid wear
- Stainless steel hook-in block backing plate – to avoid wear
- Through bolted and insulated vang cleat – to prevent failure
- Aluminum pin stop instead of plastic – to avoid breakage
- Aluminum pennant holders – which do not cut the lines
- Halyard with HARKEN hook-in block and 25 mm Windesign low friction ring
- Pure Vectran spliced halyard
- Low friction nylon wind indicator – extra sensitive
- Delrin pin type heel-plug – no wear
- Vectran control lines – zero stretch, zero creep – the ultimate
- Sprit adjuster handle
- The Blackgold Optimist mast is supplied with rigging pack