The Optimist Blackgold LITE mast is ideal for lightweight sailors. Extensive testing with coaches and sailors worldwide has proven the best solution for sailors under 40 kg is a flexible Optimist mast with 40 mm boom. The 20% more flexible LITE mast (compared to the regular Blackgold POWER mast) allows the sailor to depower the rig in heavy winds while the 40 mm boom helps the sail maintain proper sail shape.
The BLACKGOLD™ Optimist rig is the world’s most advanced Optimist rig. For many years it has been chosen as the official charter rig for the I.O.D.A World, European, Asian and Oceanian Championships. Several outstanding results have been achieved in the past years.
- Heavy duty black hard anodized 7075 T6 Optimist mast
- Aerospace spec. alloy super stiff 7075 T6 Optimist mast and sprit section
- High Delrin heel plug, for less friction and to avoid wear
- Stainless steel hook-in block backing plate – to avoid wear
- Through bolted and insulated vang cleat – to prevent failure
- Aluminium pin stop instead of plastic – to avoid breakage
- Halyard with HARKEN hook-in block and 25 mm Windesign low friction ring
- Pure Dectran spliced halyard
- Nylon pennant holders
- Low friction nylon wind indicator – extra sensitive
- Delrin pin type heel-plug – no wear
- Vectran control lines – zero stretch, zero creep – the ultimate
- Sprit adjuster handle